What does tadalafil tablets do?
TADALAFIL (Cialis(R)) is used to treat sexual function problems such as impotence or erectile dysfunction. In combination with sexual stimulation, this medicine works by helping the blood flow into the penis to achieve and maintain an erection. This medicine is not intended for use in women or children. This medicine will not protect against sexually transmitted diseases including HIV infection. Generic tadalafil tablets are available.
What should my health care professional know before I take tadalafil ?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
• history of painful or prolonged erection
• any heart problems
• kidney problems
• stomach ulcers
• bleeding problems or blood cell problems (such as sickle cell anemia, leukemia, or myeloma)
• vision problems
• unusual bruising or bleeding
• uncontrolled high blood pressure
• liver problems
How should I take this medicine?
Tadalafil tablets are taken by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Swallow the capsules whole with a drink of water. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing. This medicine may be taken on an empty stomach or with food. Do not take more often than once daily.
What if I miss a dose?
Take only as prescribed by your health care professional.
What other medicines can interact with tadalafil ?
• other medicine for erectile dysfunction
• certain antifungal medicines such as itraconazole or ketoconazole
• macrolide antibiotics such as clarithromycin or erythromycin
• medicine for high blood pressure
• “water pills” such as bendrofluazide or hydrochlorothiazide
• certain alpha-blocker medicines such as alfuzosin, doxazosin, prazosin, or terazosin
• HIV protease inhibitors such as ritonavir or indinavir
Tell your prescriber or other health care professional about all other medicines you are taking including non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, or herbal products. Also tell your prescriber or health care professional if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol, if you smoke or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your medicine works. Check before stopping or starting any of your medications.
What side effects might I notice from taking tadalafil ?
Side effects that you should report to your doctor as soon as possible:
• vision changes
• painful or prolonged erection (lasting more than 4 hours)
• chest pain
Rare or uncommon:
• rash, itching
• severe dizziness
• difficulty breathing
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor if they continue or are bothersome):
• stomach upset or nausea
• back pain
• muscle pain